Fast and accurate assessment of language fluency.
In order to effectively test language competence and skills Berlitz offers different options: the Berlitz Online Proficiency Test (BOPT) and the Berlitz Proficiency Interview (BPI). These tests are used to evaluate participant’s language skills – making it possible to effectively improve areas of weakness and to measure progress made, quickly and meaningfully.
The Berlitz Online Proficiency Test is simple to take and available in five languages. The test results are based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEF) and are sent via email immediately upon test completion. Thus you have a way to test current language skills quickly, clearly and cost effectively – and as the test is based on worldwide standards it provides the ideal basis for comparison. And so the Berlitz Online Proficiency Test is the ideal tool for assessing employees and for focusing their continued language training.
The Berlitz Online Proficiency Test (BOPT)
• Standardized online language test for English, Spanish, French, Italian, German
• User interface in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Dutch
• Tests listening and reading comprehension
• Tests grammar skills and vocabulary
• Test results immediately via email
• Assessment aligned to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• Length: 60–90 minutes
A further option for assessment is the Berlitz Proficiency Interview. This consists of an oral communication test via telephone, during which the tester conducting the interview can get an exact picture of the current language level of the person being tested. The evaluation of this individually customized interview is usually completed within 36 hours. These results are also based on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
The Berlitz Proficiency Interview (BPI)
• Telephone interview
• Available in practically all languages
• Evaluation of communication skills according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
• Test results via email after 36 hours
• Interview length approximately 20 minutes